School Internships can equip you to make a difference in the lives of young people in the schoolyard.
JOIN US AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
- Be mentored and equipped by youth ministry experts
- Work towards qualifications in Youth Work, Counselling, Chaplaincy or Christian Ministry
- Learn, grow and be courageous in community development
- Hands on experience leading students to make a difference
Internship will occupy (min) 2 days a week.
A once in a lifetime opportunity to learn, get practical experience and be an agent of change.
— Allison, 2016 Intern
What do Interns do?
- An SU internship can be your placement! We can tie your Degree, Diploma or Cert 4 qualification to one or two years of practical experience in the field with us.
- Help run schools-based programs where you mentor students at a secondary school to harness their unique capacities to make a difference in their world.
- Plan for, present and work with groups of students who use their passions to complete a project that makes a difference in their school, community and world.
- Interns work alongside teachers and volunteer mentors to facilitate teamwork, encourage, equip and give useful feedback to students as they work together. This gives you opportunity to invest in a young person’s life while also impacting their whole community.
- Plan and lead a MAD (Make a Difference) Camp.
- Participate in a weekly action-reflection learning community where transforming leadership skills and knowledge are intentionally explored, developed and honed.
- Visit SU chaplains and other excellent practitioners to see a broad range of effective ministries with youth.