Make a difference with a year on camp as a Camp Coolamatong Intern!
Coolamatong Internships are a year of growth and ministry for 18-24 year old young people. Our commitment is to train you to be a Christian leader, through outdoor adventure camping. Together we’ll give many young kids the opportunity to experience God’s creation, try new things and discover more about themselves and their worth.
Why would I do an internship?
- Live in a supportive community on beautiful Banksia Peninsula
- Gain qualifications in Outdoor Recreation, Christian Ministry and/or Hospitality
- Be mentored and equipped by experienced practitioners
- Impact the lives of more than 3,000 children and young people
- Get trained in leadership, running activities, growing in faith and dealing with conflict.
- Certificates in Outdoor Recreation, Christian Ministry and/or Hospitality are available.
- You can also get First Aid training, Bronze Medallion and Food Safety Training.
What do Interns do?
- Run activities for school camps (Prep-Year 10).
- Canoeing, Bush Cooking, Hikes, Low Ropes, Farming, Climbing and Abseiling, Geocaching, Cycling, Raft Building, Adventure Racing and more.
- Help with preparation and serving of food, dishes, hang out with kids, run themes for school camps, maintenance.
You learn so much about yourself and others... and your meals are cooked for you!
— Matthew, 2016 Intern