Scripture Union Victoria
455 Springfield Rd
Mitcham VIC 3132
Ph: (03) 9482 5700
Join us and make a difference!
Be mentored and equipped by youth ministry experts
Work towards qualifications in Youth Work, Counselling, Chaplaincy or Christian Ministry
Learn, grow and be courageous in community development
Hands on experience leading students to make a difference
Internship will occupy (min) 2 days a week.
What do Interns do?
- An SU internship can be your placement! We can tie your Degree, Diploma or Cert 4 qualification to one or two years of practical experience in the field with us.
- Help run schools-based programs where you mentor students at a secondary school to harness their unique capacities to make a difference in their world.
- Plan for, present and work with groups of students who use their passions to complete a project that makes a difference in their school, community and world.
- Interns work alongside teachers and volunteer mentors to facilitate teamwork, encourage, equip and give useful feedback to students as they work together. This gives you opportunity to invest in a young person’s life while also impacting their whole community.
- Plan and lead a MAD (Make a Difference) camp.
- Participate in a weekly action-reflection learning community where transforming leadership skills and knowledge are intentionally explored, developed and honed.
- Visit SU chaplains and other excellent practitioners to see a broad range of effective ministries with youth.
‘A once in a lifetime
learn, get practical
be an agent of
Allison, 2016 Intern
Want to know more?
Check out our Facebook page or give us a call on (03) 9482 5700