Scripture Union Victoria
455 Springfield Rd
Mitcham VIC 3132
Ph: (03) 9482 5700
Cook positions – Farm and Lake Camps
SU Victoria is offering an exciting opportunity to work at Camp Coolamatong beside beautiful Lake Victoria in East Gippsland. SU Victoria is a Christian organization with a strong emphasis on schools and holiday residential camping.
The people in these positions will be responsible for ensuring the smooth delivery of meals at our campsites, reporting to the Catering Manager. The positions are casual positions (usually 24-40 hours/week during school terms).
Most importantly, we are looking for people who have a love of food (cooking), a love for Jesus and a love for people. Experience would be great, but not necessary. Positions to commence as soon as possible.
The successful applicant will need to have:
- Safe Food Handling Level 1
- Ability to work with children.
- Preferably some experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Management of stock, following workplace guidelines in relation to safe food handling and maintaining accurate records.
- Good team player with a desire to be involved in community.
- Ability to lead, make decisions and be flexible in high pressure situations
- Maintains high quality, positive communication while under pressure.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and suppliers that demonstrate Godly character.
- Ability to develop genuine caring relationships with clients in a short amount of time.
- Capacity to work to deadlines with a high degree of quality.
- Self-motivated and energetic, providing proactive input.
- Flexible, willing and able to adjust to new challenges.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
Please contact Mark Roberts – Camps Director on email@example.com or 0408 603 098 for further details or for a Position Description.
Applications should address the key responsibilities outlined in the position description and include a resume with the names of three referees (with one being a Church Leader).
Scripture Union Victoria is a ChildSafe organisation. Applicants will be required to provide a current Working with Children Check and comply with our ChildSafe process.
Applications may be emailed to Mark Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Friday, August 31st, 2018
You must be eligible to work in Australia.