About SU Victoria
Scripture Union Victoria is an inter-denominational Christian movement serving children, young people and families, in partnership with local churches. As an NFP organisation and part of the Scripture Union International movement, we have a strong ethos and vibrant culture. The Regional Coordinator will be enthusiastically committed to SU’s mission, beliefs and working principles, and community development framework. Our regional work in schools and local communities is shaped by our community development framework, called 'Elevate'.
SU Victoria is a ChildSafe organisation. Applicants will be screened for their suitability for working with children and must hold a Victorian Working with Children Check and pass a National Police Check. Applicants must be currently able to work permanently in Australia.
Purpose of the role
Working collaboratively with churches, volunteers, schools and local communities, a Regional Coordinator is responsible for leading and activating local delivery of ministry in communities across Northern Victoria, through: building local Church relationships; coaching and releasing both staff and volunteers into ministry opportunities; managing staff and volunteers (including school chaplains and SU catalysts); establishing and coaching support groups; and implementing training to equip ministry within a particular region, with support from other SU team members. The current region stretches from Whittlesea in the south; through the Alpine region to the Murray River in the north-east; and through Castlemaine and St Arnaud to Swan Hill in the north-west.
The successful applicant will be/have:
- A mature and growing Christian, actively involved and respected in a local Christian church
- Demonstrated commitment to ministry with children, young people and families, and community development
- Demonstrated commitment to church partnerships, and equipping and mobilising volunteers and leaders
- A strong leader and energetic communicator
- A team player, able to work autonomously
- A highly effective trainer in Christian work with children, young people, and families
- Willing to build personal and program ministry partnerships
- Willing to work within SU’s aims beliefs and working principles.
- A minimum 3 years of experience leading a team, preferably within a not-for profit environment combined with tertiary qualifications and management experience.
Your application must include:
- Your CV, outlining your demonstrated skills and experience in leadership; growing new ministries; activating, equipping and mobilising volunteers; and working with churches
- Your application letter, addressing the key responsibilities and attributes listed in this advertisement.