Field Development Manager (Camping Specialist) Central Victoria
- Passionate about activating and growing local ministry opportunities?
- Love networking, building partnerships and developing others?
- Inspired by the impact of camps and temporary communities and keen to provide quality camping experiences?
- Do you want to use your leadership abilities to make a difference in the lives of children, young people, and families in schools and local communities across Central Victoria?
About Scripture Union Australia
Scripture Union Australia (SU Australia) is an interdenominational Christian movement committed to providing Australian children, young people and families with opportunities to experience the transforming love of Jesus and to pursue a lifelong journey of discipleship.
SU Australia is part of the worldwide Scripture Union movement, a movement of Christians working with churches to make God’s Good News known to children, young people and families and to encourage people of all ages to meet God daily through Bible reading and prayer. (scriptureunion.org.au)
SU Australia is a charitable 'limited by guarantee' not-for-profit organisation comprising more than 900 staff and thousands of volunteers, working with churches and serving in communities in all states and territories across Australia.
All SU Australia staff and volunteers are empowered and equipped to champion a child safe culture and are committed to the highest standards of safety and care in our work with children, young people and families.
SU Australia is seeking a community networker, leader and activator to oversee and grow our ministries in Central Victoria. Working collaboratively with churches, schools and volunteers,the Field Development Manager is responsible for leading the local delivery of SU Australia ministry through training, coaching and releasing both staff and volunteers into ministry opportunities within their region. This includes recruiting and managing a small team of school Chaplains. Additionally, this role will have a focus on our Camping Ministry, providing specialist camping knowledge and insight to support our field team to grow our camping ministries across the state.
The successful applicant will be well networked with and respected by churches and denominations in the region; have demonstrated leadership experience and experience in building new ministries, activating volunteer leaders, and equipping and empowering volunteers to build effective and sustainable ministry teams. Passion and experience in leading camping ministries is essential. This role is a four day a week position and will be based out of a home office with frequent travel expected within the region.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Committed to growing ministry with children, young people and families, and community development
- A successful leader who demonstrates a passion for coaching and mentoring
- Experience in developing and delivering camping programs
- Effective in building church partnerships, and equipping and mobilising volunteers and leaders
- An energetic communicator, with a minimum of 3 years team leadership experience, preferably within a not-for-profit environment combined with tertiary qualifications
- A team player who is also able to work autonomously
- A highly effective trainer in Christian work with children, young people, and families
To be considered for this role, please complete your application including the following:
- Cover Letter - Clearly outlining how you meet the role requirements as listed above for our ‘ideal candidate’, including why you want to work with SU Australia. No more than two pages in total.
- Current CV
The closing date for this position is 23rd May 2022. For all other general enquiries please Leanne Palmer, Group Director, South Zone on ph. 0414 788 650.
All staff and volunteers are required to hold a current Working With Children Check and operate under SU Australia’s ChildSafe framework. All employees are required to provide SU Australia with a National Police Records Check. Interested applicants will be reference checked for their suitability for working with children and vulnerable people. Applicants will need to be able to comply with any Health Directions issued by the Victorian Government from time to time.
(Recruitment agencies need not enquire or apply. Only direct candidate applications will be considered.)