Camp Cook – Lake Camp
Commencing February 2020
SU Victoria is offering an exciting opportunity to work at Camp Coolamatong beside beautiful Lake Victoria in East Gippsland. SU Victoria is a Christian organisation with a strong emphasis on schools and holiday residential camping.
The person in this position will be responsible for ensuring the smooth delivery of meals at our Lake Camp, reporting to the Camp Director. The position is a casual position (usually 24-40 hours/week during school terms). February – May and September – December are the busier times. Other months involve some negotiation as to the level of work available and desired.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who has a love of Food (cooking), a love for Jesus and a love for people. Experience would be great, but not necessary.
The successful applicant will need to have:
- Safe Food Handling Level 1. This can be obtained.
- Ability to work with children.
- Preferably some experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Management of stock, following workplace guidelines in relation to safe food handling and maintaining accurate records.
- Good team player with a desire to be involved in community.
- Ability to lead, make decisions and be flexible in high pressure situations
- Maintains high quality, positive communication while under pressure.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and suppliers that demonstrate Godly character.
- Ability to develop genuine caring relationships with clients in a short amount of time.
- Capacity to work to deadlines with a high degree of quality.
- Self-motivated and energetic, providing proactive input.
- Flexible, willing and able to adjust to new challenges.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.