From The State Director - March Update
“Be still, and know that I am God.” (Ps 46:10)
Our mission remains the same, to see children, young people, families and communities experience God’s love and Good News! Our current context is both challenging and rapidly changing. We are seeking to adapt, support our field ministries and develop new ways to support churches, families and local communities.
For the next six months we have identified three organisational priorities:
- Ensuring the wellbeing and safety of staff and volunteers.
- Adapting our ministries to support our field teams, churches and families.
- Financial sustainability.
Right now, COVID-19 and its social and economic impacts have presented significant ministry and financial challenges for us.
The following actions have occurred at this point:
- SU Chaplains continue to serve their school communities at this time. We’re working on how they continue if schools close.
- Our staff have been resourced to work from home with only essential staff remaining in the Mitcham office.
- All volunteer schools programs have been suspended and Autumn holiday camps cancelled.
- Schools have cancelled their camp bookings at Coolamatong.
At this time we ask you to join us in the following ways:
- Pray for protection for our chaplains and staff as we redeploy.
- Pray for our development of new ways to support churches, families and our teams in their ministry with children, young people and families.
- Connect with God. From early next week, online discipleship resources will be available for children, young people and families. New resources will be added each week.
- Connect with SU and with each other. The Scripture Union Victoria Facebook and Instagram pages will offer opportunities for our movement to connect online.
- Continue God’s mission. How is God wanting you to love and serve at this time?
Our ministry sustainability and adaptiveness are only possible with your ongoing generosity. Please financially invest in SU today.
We are trusting in God, thankful for your involvement and moving forward resolutely.
God bless you!