Press Esc to close
ELEVATE Framework for Schools Engagement
Schools Ministry Internship
Join a Missional Communities Team
Dates & Locations
School Camps at Coolamatong
Camp Coolamatong Internship
Wills and Bequests
Come To Life
Chaplaincy Application Form
Current Church/ Faith Community
Current Occupation (if student which course)
Which school/area are you interested in working?
Please give details of two people who have agreed to be your referees. One referee should be a minister / church leader and the other a work referee. Neither should be a family member.
Minister / Church Leader's Name:
Work Referee Name:
Tell us about yourself
1. What is your understanding of being a Christian?
2. Briefly describe your faith journey.
NSCP Chaplains, due to the requirements of government funding, must have appropriate qualifications. A minimum Certificate IV in Youth Work or Certificate IV in Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy (or equivalent) is required. Qualifications in teaching, social work or counselling are most likely acceptable. Your qualifications need to include 2 units on referral and mental health (CHCCS016 - Respond holistically to client issues and refer appropriately and CHCMSH001 - Work effectively in mental health) or equivalent. If not, these two units must be completed separately, or you can organize for recognition of prior learning (RPL). If you are unsure we can review your transcripts and let you know.
Chaplaincy with SU Victoria
The role of an SU Victoria Chaplain will be shaped by our ELEVATE Framework. You can find out more about the ELEVATE Framework from our “Elevate in a Nutshell” booklet linked to the Chaplaincy page.
1. Why do you want to be a Chaplain with SU Victoria and what do you believe you would bring to the role? (250 words max)
2. What do you see as being distinctive about SU’s Elevate model of School Chaplaincy? (250 words max)
3. Considering most schools Chaplains operate in secular government schools. How do you understand the role of school Chaplaincy in participating in the mission of God? (250 words max)
Please upload a copy of your resume, WWCC or VIT card and official transcript outlining all units of study you have completed relevant to Chaplaincy
Drop files here or
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Scripture Union Victoria
455 Springfield Rd
Mitcham VIC 3132
Ph: (03) 9482 5700
Back To Top