Be a part of a camping community!
Join a Camp Team
Scripture Union Summer camps at Camp Coolamatong bring together children, young people, and families from across Victoria. On camps we have fun, enjoy adventure activities and water sports, explore the Bible, eat and spend time together in a community.
Our mission is to provide an exciting, nurturing and safe camping experience, tailored to meet the needs of individual groups, helping campers of all ages experience God’s love and Good News in a fun and welcoming community.
For current volunteers, you can update your application on JAT here.
What is volunteering like?
As a volunteer leader you can become part of a holiday camp community serving people, living alongside young people or families at Camp Coolamatong, and inviting them to explore God’s Good News together. You can lead as a Director, overseeing every aspect of the camp; a Core Team leader with specific responsibility on part of the camping program; or a team member, contributing to the whole camp experience.
Volunteers aged 16 or 17, are invited to join our holiday camp teams as a Junior Leader. To find out more about being a junior leader, read here.
Each team has planning and training meetings throughout the year. There is also a compulsory Practical Skills training weekend for all summer holiday camp teams held at Camp Coolamatong at the end of November / start of December.
All volunteers are required to attend our Victorian Training Day, Torque. Each year this day includes more than 45 workshops to equip you for mission with children, young people and families in our secular culture.
What do I need to apply?
- Be 18 years or older – young and older adults are needed including families or 16 or 17 years to serve as a Junior Leader.
- Have two referees – including your church leader who knows you well
- Apply for or have a current Working With Children Check, and have SU listed as an organisation (click here to update your details or add SU as an organisation)
People applying to be on a team need to:
- have an active Christian faith
- agree with SU’s aims and beliefs
- be committed to helping children, young people and families experience God’s love and Good News.
- be willing to attend all training events in August-November including ALT, Torque, a skills weekend, and team planning times
- be willing to operate in a team, and serve team members
If you want to find out more about volunteering…
- Fill out our expression of interest form here, and we’ll get in touch with you to chat further.
If you’ve been invited to apply for the role of a director…
- You can fill out your Director application form here.
If you’ve already joined a team…
- You can update your application on JAT here.