Scripture Union Victoria
455 Springfield Rd
Mitcham VIC 3132
Ph: (03) 9482 5700
The Transformation Program Director shall direct the design of a national SU movement across Australia. The new movement will:
- Facilitate nimble, responsive ministry (within the SU International Aims) into the future, which enables diverse approaches to meet differing needs and contexts;
- Reflect and strengthen our missional DNA as a movement; and
- Embody services and practices which are fit for purpose (either using existing capability or constructing additional or new capability as needed).
Scripture Union Victoria is a Christian organisation and approved school chaplaincy provider. We provide chaplains in both government and independent schools across Victoria. We have a distinctive community development approach to school chaplaincy, implementing a variety of programs and initiatives in response to the needs of the school community.
SU Victoria is currently seeking to appoint part-time school chaplains in Wedderburn and the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne to commence as soon as possible.
Interested applicants will need to apply for chaplaincy accreditation with SU Victoria. If successfully accredited by SU Victoria, applicants are then able to be considered for a role in a school.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following qualities, experience and qualifications:
- Significant experience in working with children and families and an understanding of the school context
- Excellent people and networking skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of asset based community development
- Well organised, outcome oriented, able to work well in a team and autonomously
- Mature personal faith and values consistent with SU’s ethos
- Current eligibility to work in Australia
The schools that we are currently seeking to appoint chaplains in are:
Pakenham Secondary College
Princes Hwy, Pakenham
16 hours per week
Kambrya Secondary College
Bemersyde Drive, Berwick
16 Hours per week
Hospital St, Wedderburn
16 hours per week
SU Victoria is a ChildSafe organisation. All staff and volunteers are required to hold a current Working With Children Check and operate under SU Victoria’s ChildSafe framework. All employees are required to provide SU with a National Police Records Check. Interested applicants will be referenced checked for their suitability for working with children and vulnerable people.
Future School Chaplaincy positions
If you have any questions, please contact the Schools Community Development Team Administrator on 9482 5700 ext. *150 or email email@example.com.
If you are interested in applying for a future role please fill out our Chaplaincy Application Form . If you have any questions, please contact the Schools Community Development Team Administrator on 9482 5700 ext. *150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org